Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Back from Japan

Well... I've been back a whole week... and I miss Japan. Something about that country really makes me nostalgic. Well, I guess since I technically grew up there, it makes perfect sense.

I totally gained 10 pounds when I was there though... :P

I have a lot to say about my experience of going back to a country after 23 years. I'm just trying to get the whole experience through my head. lol.

But some of the topics I would be discussing in the near future...

*Sake and Rice (Adventures in Dining)
*Onsen (naked communion)
*Akihabara (Maid cafe, maid outfits, maid statues, and yeah apparently there are electric stuff there too...)
*Homeless people in Japan
*Family Remix
*Expensive Tea
*Grocery Stores

I'm sure more will pop into my mind as soon as I start writing... but since today is the Fourth of July... I have other plans with my hubby! And it includes me making good old fashion American Grub!

:D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desk and the link of your blog.
I'll publish on my blog!.
Thanks Frank
EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

ritsuki said...

I know how you feel. I went back home to Hawaii for just a 10 day vacation a couple of years ago. And for some reason, within just 5 days I was missing Japan. I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was either. Just something about it that I missed. I must really like this place.

Anonymous said...

Hello my fellow half Japanese! I thought I'd post a comment. My name is Joanna too!

hapa_boy said...

wow I finally found another blog about being hapa (or in your case hafu). it looks like it's been a while since you've posted but hopefully you'll get this message. If you get a chance, head over to my blog (just follow my user name link to my site). I hope to read more posts soon.